Wednesday, September 2, 2009

FUN fitness!

You read the title correctly! Fitness CAN be fun again! Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't have to take place in a commercial fitness facility and it doesn't even require that you have much equipment. The only requirement is your willingness to move your body. This is where The Movement Dallas's RECESS class comes in. A new way that is guaranteed to revolutionize the way we 'workout'. Seriously, who is tired of squating to 20, lunging to 30 and doing pushups to exhaustion? I am! Don't get me wrong, these things definitely have their place but boredom sets in relatively quickly and the appeal just seems to dwindle. This is something I have gradually experienced more and more over the past 5 or so years. With a background in natural bodybuilding, at the time I never understood why people didn't lift more weights, and I'm talking the 'old school' way. Heavy benching, heavy squating, heavy deadlifting and lots of curls. Blah, blah, blah. It just doesn't do it for me anymore. I also understand why more people aren't involved in fitness. It's the misconception that it has to look a certain way and that it involves a heavy frown and no fun. I am here to say that is DOESN'T. I am here to say it can be all smiles and laughs all while breaking a nice sweat! Come join us this Saturday at 8a at Glencoe park for a FREE RECESS class to find out for yourself! I promise it will be an amazing workout, a great community of people and a wonderful way to bring out the kid in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment