Sunday, December 12, 2010

Knowing Your Limits-

If you saw my last post -Working Within Limits- you now understand the importance of doing so. I will also assume you want to be better at determining those limits. My teachers have made it as easy as possible to understand, so I will do my best to pass it on to you.

How do you know your limits to movement?

Stopping a movement at  (∆ = change)
∆ speed
∆ tension

That's it. It really is that easy! In any movement, if your speed changes, your tension goes up to try and complete the movement. These are both precursors to pain and injury. We have been taught to move beyond both, and as a result set ourselves up to failure.

Again -
-IF YOU WORK TO YOUR LIMITS YOU WILL FIND THEM, IF YOU WORK WITHIN YOUR LIMITS YOU WILL EXCEED THEM-

As you move more under less tension and within your limits, your body will allow you to accomplish more. This is adaptation, you have no choice.

I can't tell you how many x-athletes and clients I have seen that want so badly to go beyond these limits because of what they have done in the past or because of what they have seen. Don't fall for it yourself. If you go beyond your limits, you will eventually break. Allow your body to dictate and set boundaries, and expand them by working within them. To learn more about tested movement and working within your limits check out the GYM MOVEMENT protocol or come visit us at The Movement Dallas. I promise you will get better, faster than ever before-

bj-

No comments:

Post a Comment