Saturday, November 29, 2008

Whats up with FAT?

I want to dedicate this post to the mis-information that has perplexed so many that I talk to, including myself (at one point), in regards to proper nutrition. There are many things that we have been taught that simply are not true. Many have been studied, debunked and are still believed to this day even so. The one I want to talk about here is the "teaching" that fats are bad. I am here to give you the "skinny" on the topic. Truth is, fat has been around MUCH longer than low fat and strangely enough heart disease as a primary killer has only been around 50 or so years. Wow, so bacon and eggs aren't necessarily a bad thing? No, Dr. Cardiologist, they aren't. Unfortunately in this country Md's only go through 2-4hrs of clinical nutrition yet we hang on their every word. Not that all are bad, we just need to WAKE UP and educate ourselves. Fat is essential to EVERY cell production in the body. It is literally what makes up the integrity of the cell wall. What IS a tragedy is the high amount of hydrogenated and polyunsaturated oils we consume. These are what truly should be eliminated, not steak, coconut or avocados. I truly believe God put things on this Earth to be eaten as they were created. I'm sorry but I have never seen non-fat avocados, low-fat butter, or even fat free milk in mother nature. These are creations of man, which in turn shows that WE have created the epidemic. Until we realize this, we are merely trying to maintain, if that. If you really want to educate yourself I would definitely recommend bookmarking this site and reading through its vast amount of nutritional info at your leisure.

http://www.westonaprice.org/

B-

No comments:

Post a Comment