Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Quality Dictates Quantity-

This may be the second or third time that I have used a similar, if not the same, title for a post. I think it's one of the most important areas or discussion for those wanting true, lasting results. Just as the title states, quality in ALL things dictates the quantity in ALL things. Let's break it down further-

movement-
quality movement dictates how much (quantity) of any movement can be accomplished. Why? Quality movement means less chance for injury, which in turn means more movement for you to do. What is quality movement? This is a more relative question, but I will say any movement that is done within limits and/or without excess tension. Our industry strives on the notion that tension = strength. There is gaining evidence using the Gym Movement Protocol that this is the opposite and most likely detrimental. Tension usually = injury or pain which takes the quantity factor way down.

food-
quality food(s) dictate the quantity of food(s) needed by the body. Why? The body is not seeking macronutrients (fats, carbs, proteins). The industry has the focus all wrong! The body is concerned with the QUALITY of these macronutrients.... aka micronutrients. It's what these foods are made up of on a smaller scale... enzymes, vitamins, minerals, amino acids etc. that matter. The old calories in calories out method is WAY flawed. And to be honest, it might even be focused on an even smaller scale (chemical reactions, interaction, electricity etc)? I always strive for local and/or organically cultivated foods when I can. I test certain NutriHarmony supplements to help me with the parts I can't get through foods.
How do we know what is best for us? I guarantee its not some guru selling 'his way' through a book OR some magic meal replacement powder etc. Focus on the source and quantity will change. Test different foods and come up with what works for your body.

thoughts-
quality thoughts dictate the quantity of thoughts? I'm not sure if that's the best way to look at it. We have 60 to 70 thousand thoughts a day, so I'm not sure the quantity changes. I would say that quality questions equal more quality sensations and actions. The better the questions you ask, the greater insight into the ultimate direction for you.

peace-

No comments:

Post a Comment