Thursday, November 11, 2010

Just a thought...

I have been thinking about testing recently... and more specifically the Gym Movement Protocol. Not only is the approach to movement and life changing the world as I view it, but it has helped many of my clients to do the same. If you're not familiar with what this type of testing is, I will give an extremely short version. It's a method for YOUR determining what is best for YOU. Simple? Maybe too simple, maybe not. In an industry filled with gurus and followers (I have to say it's tempting), most methods of training are based around the idea that someone else knows better than you or your body. It's kind of ridiculous if you think about it? The Gym Movement Protocol says differently and allows you to ask appropriate questions to move to better in any specific direction possible. I really look forward to the day this drastically changes our industry (which isn't far off), and people start getting better faster than ever before.

peace-

2 comments:

  1. This is the best post I've read all week! I was just sitting here, thinking of how to sum up my thoughts on fitness and training and the whole life change I've gone through (losing 70lbs, becoming passionate about Pilates and range of motion exercise) and also about choosing my own destiny and pace with my body and progress. But, I wasn't coming up with anything consise, so I started browsing the real food media blogroll. And, about this post, I have to say, I like it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! And congrats on the success! That is truly an amazing accomplishment to share and inspire others. And YES, we need to spread the word. We operate in a world where others do no listen to their own feedback and work outside of their limits (and I have been there too). We need to teach others to become more aware of their own limitations and feedback and not base it on what they are supposed to do via someone else. Keep rockin-

    ReplyDelete